Sunday, June 17, 2012

Dangling the Carrot.....

I've always loved them......I've heard your skin will actually turn orange if you eat too many of them, but I don't know that to be true.  I even think it has a name....carotenosis!  No, really!  Now that I'm on the Weight Watchers diet, I eat a lot of them.

The other day I saw a picture of some roasted carrots on Pinterest and I knew I had to have them!  I read the recipe, closed the browser and this is what happened.

I washed and trimmed the fresh carrots (Harris Teeter has the young ones....with the tops still on, which keeps them fresher!).

In a separate bowl I mixed fresh garlic (3 cloves...or so), fresh thyme leaves (ummm....at least 1 tablespoon..maybe more), lemon zest (half a lemon.....no juice!), olive oil and dijon mustard (I prefer the good stuff...Maille...about 1.5 tablespoons!).
Now it's time to get your hands dirty!  Dirty?  Ain't nothin' dirty about anything with garlic in it...and mustard...and herbs....nothin'!  Slap that stuff on top of the carrots.....
...and toss!
Then bake them at 400 degrees until they are baked golden brown....about 20 minutes.  Fresh chopped parsley.....voila!


Menu

Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin
Cabbage Roasted with Garlic/Olive Oil
These danged carrots!!!

Nice glass of Chardonnay.....your choice!

No comments: